Welcome to Horizon Protocol, a decentralized finance project on the BNB Chain (previously known as the Binance Smart Chain) with the mission of creating a borderless financial market for synthetic assets.
An Introduction to Horizon Protocol
Horizon Protocol is a DeFi platform that facilitates the on-chain trading of synthetic assets that represent the real economy. Horizon Protocol seeks to provide exposure to real-world assets risk/return profiles via smart contracts on the blockchain.
Forked from Synthetix, Horizon Protocol will leverage the time-tested derivative liquidity protocol and bring interoperability, scalability and a whole new array of tradable, real-world derivative products to the DeFi ecosystem. Our commitment to the Binance ecosystem and native implementation on BNB Chain offer users the speed and dependability that is currently lacking on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Built on the BSC for faster, cheaper, scalable transactions
- More focus on bringing a wider range of synthetic assets that represent the real and crypto worlds
- Building more innovative synthetic assets such as zIndices, zNFTs, leveraged assets and others
- Bringing DeFi to NFTs via Synthetic NFTs
- Cross-chain interoperability: BSC, ETH, Solana, Polygon, Tron, Cosmos, Reef, and more.
- Focused on user experience and education
- Community driven
Horizon Protocol is a decentralized finance project on the Binance Smart Chain with the mission of creating a borderless financial market for synthetic assets.
The Horizon Protocol Ecosystem consists of two main parts:
Security and safety of the protocol is of the utmost importance.
A security audit was performed on February 26, 2021.
To get started with Horizon Protocol, you can do two things: “Earn” and “Trade”.
Earn, by staking and providing collateral to the protocol on Horizon Genesis, a dApp for staking, which will earn you a dividend.
Or Trade, where you engage in synthetic assets trading on the Horizon Exchange, including long and short positions.